7.04.2010

Saving A Little Money

So, my mom asked a while back why I don't blog about coupons. It's totally the hip thing to do these days. I feel like it's a new industry for women that has really exploded. I also feel that there is no need to do it because honestly there are lots of really good blogs already out there. But as I reflect on it I wonder if my family and friends really have time to deal with all of that. I have some busy and powerful women in my life I'm not sure they have time to do all of the clipping, hunting, and matching up that it requires to live on a $30 a week (or less) grocery budget like Mr. C and I do. But even if you don't really want to got to the extreme that we do you can always still save a little money. Really who doesn't want to save money? It's a lot easier than it used to be. Now it's SO simple. I heard that Publix recently reported a 150% upswing people who use coupons in the last year. I think the key to this is printable coupons. Printable coupons are coupons you find on websites that you can print out and use them just like coupons from the paper. There is no getting the paper, clipping, and organizing involved. You just print and take to the store. This is easy couponing. I was thinking "Well, I already make my grocery list and it has the match ups attached so I can just post it and if you want to use it it's easy peasy." So, I usually shop between Kroger, Publix, Target, and Earth Fare. Earth Fare is a regional chain and that no one who reads my blog has an Earth Fare. I won't bother listing that list. Now, I don't grocery shop every week, especially in the summer when we have the CSA. We get so much fresh produce that we don't always need to go. Also, with my bread maker I make all of our baked goods so I rarely buy those but I'll post great deals I see. I also don't go to all four of those grocery stores every week. I usually shop at Publix. 1. It's the closest thing to us and on my way home. 2. They have amazing deals usually. There's a Kroger by the library so I go there every couple weeks. Target I shop at sporadically. The problem with Target is I rarely go there and only get what's on my list. I end up coming home telling Mr. C I accidentally spent $150 because of all the "deals" I found and totally mess our budget up for the month. Which really sucks if it's like the 2nd of the month and I've been know to do this before. Anyway, I think I've got onto a tangent. So, I will start showing you the easiest way to save money at the grocery. You wont save the most money but you will save some. It's a start.

Oh, and I don't buy everything that's on sale. So, I won't post every deal available. If you are really wanting to look at more serious coupoing I suggest I Heart Publix, Southern Savers, and Organic Deals and Coupons.

No comments: