7.19.2010

What cookins' this week?

Sad, sad news last week you know I had a HUGE grillin' week planned. Well, last Sunday I decided to take the initiative and clean the grill since I hadn't in about a bazillion years.

Well, Since it had been a bazillion years it fell apart.

That was the end of grillin' week. =(

And all cooking went out the window at that time. I'm embarassed to even tell you what I fed Mr. C but it includes ramen noodles, tombstone pizza, and cereal for dinner. So, needless to say nothing to blog home about.

The only bright-ish spot is that I crockpotted Baba Ganoush it was amazing! Although I also attempted to make falafel and it was a total failure, which doesn't make much sense b/c I've made it before successfully. But anyway back on the saddle again this week.

Side note, I had a really hard time getting into the routine of doing a weekly menu and matching it up to what's available initially. But let me tell you last week I was lost. Hence why Mr. C ate junk food all week. It makes dinner so much easier.

What's in the box? squash, eggplant, corn, blueberries, peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes. Further my coworker gave me a HUGE bag of squash from her garden. So, this is squash week.

I already used the eggplant for baba ganoush. It's so tasty and I put the calories into Livestrong (my calorie counting website) and it's less that 100 calories for a serving. A serving is a super generous portion. I was happy.

Sunday: Oven Garlic Chicken/Tofu with saute squash and cheesecake. Oven Garlic Chicken is one of Mr. C's family recipes. He told me on Sunday is his favorite and he would really like for me to make it for his birthday. I had never heard of it before, further he never request foods so I jumped on it. It was tasty even though I'm pretty sure I messed it up. The cheesecake is for Mr. C's birthday but I couldn't handle it and sushi on the same day.

Monday: I am making Squash Parmesan. You know like eggplant Parmesan but with squash. I'll let you know the verdict.

Tuesday: Happy birthday Mr. C! To celebrate I am making sushi. This is an all day event and I'm not really even that good at it but Mr. C LOVES it and told me it's the only thing he wants for his birthday.

Wednesday: Scrounge

Thursday: Scrounge part 2 (I think we'll have plenty of leftovers.) Also, Happy birthday Mama
C!

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Heading to Nashville to celebrate birthdays.

=) Bridget

No comments: