5.16.2010

CSA & meal planning

About January and February I did really amazing at meal planning. I knew what we were going to eat at every meal and had everything planned out. Well we went out of town for March and April and it all fell apart. Eeek. I need routine. We'll I'm getting back on the horse. But I'm going to do it by week and not month due to our CSA back in season. 

In our CSA box this week: strawberries, 1 head of cabbage, green onions, broccoli, raddishes, unknown type of greens.

So my meal plan is:

Sunday- cook out with our church group. I am bringing cole slaw (cabbage) and strawberry ice cream I have made.

Monday- Thai Shrimp/Tofu noodles Obviously, I will modify to make 1/2 shrimp, 1/2 tofu. This will use our green onions and broccoli

Tuesday- leftovers

Wednesday- Here I am using our mystery greens instead of spinach- Crockpot indian tofu and greens.

Thursday- Sloppy joes/lentils with sweet potato fries

Friday- Mr. C cooks- you never know what it'll be but usually stir fry or grilled something.

Saturday- Jambalaya and grits. I have some okra in the freezer left over from winter CSA screaming to be used up.

Lunch this week: Mr. C asked for tuna. I am making spicy tuna salad (I have snuck the radishes into this) with beer bread made in my bread maker.  I eat leftovers for lunch. YUM

No comments: