9.29.2011

Baked "Ziti"


This is not the best picture ever but this is a great recipe. It's easy, healthy, affordable, and delicious. It's like the trifecta of food since it lives up to all my requirements. I had serious doubts about Mr. C eating it but he gobbled it down. I am super excited about this one and I'm sure I'll be making it again. I made 2 different casseroles. One with beef and without it for myself. i'm sure if you wanted more protein in the vegetarian one you could always add boca or other soy style crumbles but I just ate the veggies. This recipe is very forgiving. I'm sure any other spices/veggies you want to add would work great.

Here it is:

1 medium spaghetti squash
1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce 
1 cup of mozzarella 
1/2 onion, finely diced
1/2 lb of ground beef
parmesan cheese 
garlic salt

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half. 
3. Scoop out all of the seeds.
4. Lay face down on cookie sheet and cook for 40 min.
5. Take out of oven, set the oven to 350, and let cool.
6. While it's cooling chop the onion and brown the ground beef
7. When it's cool with fork scrape out all of the spaghetti like you are raking. 
8. mix together all of the ingredients except 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
9. Sprinkle it on top. 
10. Cover with foil and cook for about 25 min. 
11. Enjoy!

I am linking this to Ultimate Recipe Swap: Pumpkins and Squash

No comments: