9.13.2011

Accountable Cvsing

I'm sorry to do this but I'm becoming one of those people. I've been doing the CVS deals for about 3-4 months and I'm not entirely convinced about the amazing savings due to my poor money managment skills. I think we are doing well but I need to keep better track of our money. So, I'm going to start using my blog to do that and keep me accountable. Here's what I got this week at CVS. I spent $70.28 (note the $50 itunes giftcards) and got back $29.50 in ECB to use on my next trip. I had $16 in ECB from last week that I used. And a $5 off $25 coupon along with a bunch of other coupons. My largest cost were the shakes and the bandaids both Mr. C asked for. I use a combo of SouthernSavers.com and Simply CVS for the matchup. Now this is not the smartest way to do these deals. I actually thought I could use ECB on giftcards so I did one LARGE transaction and planned on using them right away on the giftcard but found out that was not ok so I have ALOT to spend in the future but that's ok. I think it's a good jumping off point to begin blogging about it.



I by the way think I'm going back to CVS again for the Finish Dishwasher Detergent. I'll update again if I do.


UPDATE:
I by the way did go back to CVS. Got 4 Jet Dry and 3 Finish Dishwasher tablets for and only paid tax using my haul of ECB!  I wasn't sure if i was going to go but dishwasher detergent is definitely something we use. Lots of people were getting airwicks because they were free and gave you extra ECB  and I even had the cpns but knew that dishwasher detergent was a way better deal for us.

No comments: