7.27.2011

Panzanella

I haven't blogged in 10,000 years & I didn't even take a picture of this. I did however have a baby. Enough said. Now I'm on weight watchers. This is sort of a recipe I got off their website. I actually made this for dinner last night. It was great. It’s quick & frugal summertime dinner. All the ingredients we had in our fridge. Some even came from Mr. C's container garden. I liked it so much I thought I would put it here.


1 loaf of french or italian bread.
2 english cucumber
2 whole tomatoes
1 red bell pepper
1/2 onion
3 TBSP olive oil
3-4 TBSP of capers

Dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 TBSP of garlic
30ish fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 TBSP of dijon mustard


1. Cut bread into 1 inch thick cubes
2. Coat bread cubes with 3 TBSP of olive oil
3. In skillet over medium heat brown bread, usually takes about 10 min.
4. While that is cooking thinly slice onions, chop cucumbers, & tomatoes. Combine & set aside
5. Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
6. Combine all ingredients together, making sure to coat bread cubes.
7. Eat right away. This does not stay good & the bread goes soggy if it stays out but if eating quickly it's super good.
I ate this alone as a main course but fed Mr. C fish with it.

No comments: