7.31.2011

Creamy Quinoa

Have you tried Philadelphia Cooking Creme? It's kind of flavored cream cheese for cooking. On 2 different occasions Publix has had AMAZING deals on it, like free & $.25 w/ sales and coupons. So, both times I bought it. I used it tonight. I know I was really leery of it at first & no, I'm not getting any compensation for this recipe. I really just like it. We've tried all the flavors & I think the savory garlic is the best. I feel like it's so good because it has flavor but is versatile for a variety of recipes. I'm pretty sure when I buy it again I'm going to stock up on only savory garlic kind. This is another recipe that was SO good I wanted to blog so I wouldn't forget it. I didn't take a picture. I thought about it but it really wasn't that good looking. It actually looked sort of gross but tasted delish.

Ingredients:

1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 can of rotel, undrained (if that's too hot I bet you could use any diced tomatoes)
1 can of corn, undrained
1 can of mushrooms chopped & drained
1 can of black beans, drained
3 cups of cooked quinoa
1/2 chopped onion
1 package of savory garlic Philadelphia Cooking Creme- I think you could use the Santa Fe kind and leave out the taco mix but we didn't have any.
2 TBSP of nutritional yeast

For Kyle I separately cooked 1 pound of ground beef.

This is so easy & good.

1. Cook quinoa according to package directions
2. Chop onion & cook until brown in skillet
3. Add corn, tomatoes, mushrooms, & black beans to skillet cook until warmed thoroughly
4. Add Quinoa
5. Turn off the skillet & add taco seasoning, nutritional yeast, & cooking creme. The heat from the burner previously being on will melt it.
5. Enjoy!

No comments: